Meghan Markle Brushes Off Public Scrutiny, Believes It's 'Her and Harry Against the World' 

meghan markle ignores criticism car chase
Source: mega

May 31 2023, Published 3:23 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

Meghan Markle isn't fazed by the criticism she receives. The Duchess of Sussex has dealt with negative opinions from both the public and the press since she began dating Prince Harry. However, the former actress "won't give up" on her goals because she thinks it's "her and Harry against the world."

"A lot of their U.S. friends are advising them to stop trying to take on the world," a source told a publication. "But Meghan's saying they won't give up."

"For Meghan, it's crucial they don't buckle, no matter how tough it gets. It really is her and Harry against the world at this point," the friend added.

Article continues below advertisement
meghan markle ignores criticism car chase
Source: mega

Even though the source claimed she was unbothered, The Royal Observer previously reported the Archewell founders were left flabbergasted after various celebrities — such as Megyn Kelly and Whoopi Goldberg — thought their story of being hunted down by paparazzi was a dramatization. "They insist their account of the car chase was absolutely not exaggerated, and for people to say otherwise is so hurtful and out of line," an insider shared.

"As far as staying out of sight and being scared to show their faces, that’s not going to happen," the close friend added. "[This has] just strengthened their resolve to keep standing up for themselves and speaking out when they feel wronged."

Article continues below advertisement
meghan markle ignores criticism car chase
Source: mega

The Sussexes team described the event as "catastrophic," adding it "could have been fatal." Their rep later claimed the photographers' aggressive behavior harmed innocent bystanders.

"This relentless pursuit, lasting over two hours, resulted in multiple near collisions involving other drivers on the road, pedestrians and two NYPD officers," the couple's spokesperson said. "While being a public figure comes with a level of interest from the public, it should never come at the cost of anyone’s safety. Dissemination of these images, given the ways in which they were obtained, encourages a highly intrusive practice that is dangerous to all involved."

Despite sharing their side of the story, the city's police records state "there were no reported collisions, summonses, injuries or arrests in regard" to the incident.

Insiders spoke to Heat Magazine.

Advertisement

GET BREAKING ROYAL NEWS
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

More Stories

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.