Harry Makes Unprecedented Move Against Charles

prince harry court case creates headache prince charles
Source: mega

May 12 2023, Published 12:41 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

Prince Harry's legal pursuits against the Associated Newspapers and the News Group Newspapers have created a headache for King Charles. His Majesty has been used as a form of defense for NGN's lawyers. The media conglomerate claimed many of the egregious stories they published about the Duke of Sussex came from Mark Bolland, Charles' former Deputy Private Secretary.

Article continues below advertisement
prince harry court case creates headache prince charles
Source: mega

The Royal Observer previously reported that Harry, along with several other A-listers, are taking legal action against the media conglomerates. "These individuals have become aware of compelling and highly distressing evidence that they have been the victims of abhorrent criminal activity and gross breaches of privacy by Associated Newspapers," the celebrities' law firm claimed in an October 2022 press release.

"There was in place an agreement between the Institution and NGN that we would not engage, or even discuss, the possibility of bringing claims against NGN until the litigation against it relating to phone hacking was over," the author said, according to court documents.

"The Institution made it clear that we did not need to know anything about phone hacking and it was made clear to me that the royal family did not sit in the witness box because that could open up a can of worms," he added.

Article continues below advertisement
prince harry court case creates headache prince charles
Source: mega

Harry's case created friction for the royal family months before NGN claimed to receive information from Charles' former employee. Harry previously said the firm has an agreement with the British press that was harmful to his well-being. "The Institution was without a doubt withholding information from me for a long time about NGN’s phone hacking and that has only become clear in recent years as I have pursued my own claim with different legal advice and representation," the veteran shared. "I am bringing this claim because I love my country and I remain deeply concerned by the unchecked power, influence and criminality."

"The evidence I have seen shows that Associated’s journalists are criminals with journalistic powers which should concern every single one of us. The British public deserves to know the full extent of this cover-up and I feel it is my duty to expose it," the Archewell cofounder said.

Court documents were shared by news.com.au.

Advertisement

GET BREAKING ROYAL NEWS
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

More Stories

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 THE ROYAL OBSERVER™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. THE ROYAL OBSERVER is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.