Home / Latest News / Princess Charlene

Princess Charlene Undergoes Her 'Final Procedure' Before She Heads Home To Monaco, Spokesperson Confirms

Princess Charlene undergoes her 'final procedure' before she goes home to Monaco, it has been revealed.

princess charlene surgery
Source: MEGA

After being stuck in South Africa for months, it looks like Princess Charlene is heading back to Monaco soon.

"Princess Charlene has gone in today for her final procedure" before she goes home, a palace spokesperson confirmed to PEOPLE.

While traveling back to her country earlier this year, she ended up staying since she got an infection from a prior ENT surgery. On September 1, she was rushed to the hospital after collapsing "due to complications from the severe ear, nose and throat infection she contracted in May," The Express reported.

FROM CHRISTMAS SERVICES TO TROOPING THE COLOUR: HOW THE ROYALS CELEBRATE THEIR INTRIGUING FAMILY TRADITIONS

It seems like the blonde beauty is on the mend, as she shared a photo on Instagram recently.

"God Bless ?," she captioned the snap of herself with the Bible.

Prince Albert of Monaco also gave an update on his wife.

"She is better," he told RMC radio. "It was also complicated for her because different problems affected her."

The royal made it clear that Charlene would like to be with their kids, Prince Gabriella and Prince Jacques.

"She's ready to come home," he told PEOPLE. "I know she's said possibly 'late October,' but that was before this most recent round of appointments. I'm pretty sure we can cut that time frame a little short. She's ready. She's jokingly said that she's ready to stowaway on a ship to come back to Europe."

PRINCE CHARMING IN REAL LIFE! THE 10 MOST ELIGIBLE ROYAL BACHELORS IN THE WORLD — SEE PHOTOS

Even though Albert and Charlene have rarely seen each other, he made it clear that they are very much together.

"She didn't leave Monaco in a huff!" he stated. "She didn't leave because she was mad at me or at anybody else. She was going down to South Africa to reassess her Foundation's work down there and to take a little time off with her brother and some friends."

"It was only supposed to be a weeklong, 10-day maximum stay, and [she is still there now] because she had this infection all these medical complications arose," he added. "She didn't go into exile. It was absolutely just a medical problem which had to be treated."

GET BREAKING ROYAL NEWS
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

More Stories

While Andrew has recently been in the news for all the wrong reasons, his encounter with an alleged stalker has left everyone scared.
By Medha Sengupta · AUG 7, 2026
Kate Middleton's latest Wimbledon outfit wasn't all-new—and that's exactly what caught fashion fans' attention!
By Mehak Walia · JUL 13, 2026
Getting invited to the Swift-Kelce wedding became a race, a status symbol, as numerous high-profile individuals lobbied to get an inside pass.
By Mary Anthony · JUL 6, 2026
Prince William joked about Travis Kelce’s most memorable moment being outside his football career.
By Mary Anthony · JUL 3, 2026
Princess Anne stepped out in this iconic dress from 1984 and royal fans are impressed!
By Hrishita Das · JUN 27, 2026
Kate Middleton and Melinda Gates reportedly came together at Windsor Castle over a shared passion for a cause they both support.
By Ira Deokule · JUN 25, 2026
Prince William and Robert Irwin's appearance at a climate event was meant to inspire change, but fans quickly focused on something else.
By Mary Anthony · JUN 24, 2026
Royal watchers may have spotted a subtle shift in the monarchy during Trooping the Colour 2026, and it's closely aligned with Prince William's long-term plans for the institution.
By Mary Anthony · JUN 13, 2026
As King Charles celebrates Trooping the Colour, actress Helen Mirren has been awarded one of Britain's rarest honors.
By Hrishita Das · JUN 13, 2026
Meghan Markle treats fans to a new family photo carousel featuring Prince Harry, Prince Lilibet, and a sweet nod to pop icon Beyoncé.
By Ira Deokule · JUN 10, 2026