Queen Elizabeth Gives Prince Charles Her Blessing To Travel To Jordan & Egypt: 'It Was Important He Got Some Reassurance,' Insider Says

charles camilla blessing

Nov. 16 2021, Published 10:34 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Since Queen Elizabeth is still not feeling great, Prince Charles wanted to make sure that he and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall were able to jet off and leave England for a couple of days.

Article continues below advertisement

The couple are flying to Jordan and Egypt on Tuesday, November 16, for four days, while the 95-year-old will stay put at Windsor Castle. However, the monarch gave her blessing to her eldest son when they spoke via phone.

“The trip to Jordan and Egypt is incredibly important for the U.K. Equally, it was important that Charles got some reassurance that everything was OK," an insider said.

Article continues below advertisement

It looks like the pair have a busy schedule, as they are already on the move. "Back on tour! ✈️🧳The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall have landed in Amman to kick-start their Autumn Tour. Follow #RoyalVisitJordan 🇯🇴 and #RoyalVisitEgypt 🇪🇬 for more," Clarence House posted on Instagram.

Article continues below advertisement

Last month, their trip was announced on social media. "The tour will focus on the climate crisis and will explore how leaders can implement commitments following COP26," the message read.

During their time abroad, the 73-year-old will meet with representatives of humanitarian organizations that he supports, in addition to visiting the Jordan Museum and the Royal Scientific Society.

The duo will then head to Egypt on Thursday, November 18.

Article continues below advertisement

Over the weekend, Queen Elizabeth was supposed to attend an event — the first time since she was hospitalized in October — but the palace revealed that things had changed last minute.

"The Queen, having sprained her back, has decided this morning with great regret that she will not be able to attend today’s Remembrance Sunday Service at the Cenotaph," a statement read. "Her Majesty is disappointed that she will miss the service. As in previous years, a wreath will be laid on Her Majesty’s behalf by The Prince of Wales. His Royal Highness, along with The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra will be present at the Cenotaph today as planned."

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.