Prince Harry Won't Return To The U.K. For Prince Philip's Thanksgiving Service, Source Reveals: 'It's Too Much Of A Threat'

prince harry prince philip memoria
Source: MEGA

Feb. 21 2022, Published 11:25 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

It looks like Prince Harry won't be coming home any time soon. Prince Philip's Thanksgiving service is set for March 29, but since the 37-year-old is currently threatening to take action against the U.K. government, as he currently doesn't have security when he returns home, he most likely will be sitting this event out.

Article continues below advertisement

“They don't think it's likely he'll come back because it would undermine his position that it's too much of a threat," a source said.

In January, the dad-of-two said he felt uncomfortable when he made trips back home for Prince Philip's funeral and Princess Diana's statue unveiling.

Article continues below advertisement
prince harry prince philip memoria
Source: MEGA
Article continues below advertisement

“Prince Harry inherited a security risk at birth, for life. He remains sixth in line to the throne, served two tours of combat duty in Afghanistan, and in recent years his family has been subjected to well-documented neo-Nazi and extremist threats," a legal representative for Harry said. “While his role within the institution has changed, his profile as a member of the Royal Family has not. Nor has the threat to him and his family. The Duke and Duchess personally fund a private security team for their family, yet that cannot replicate the necessary police protection needed whilst in the U.K. In the absence of such protection, Prince Harry and his family are unable to return to his home.”

When he stepped down from the royal family in 2020, he now has to pay out of pocket for his own security team. Last week, Harry's team gave a statement about the ordeal.

Article continues below advertisement

"This claim is about the fact that the claimant does not feel safe when he is in the U.K. given the security arrangements applied to him in June 2021 and will continue to be applied to him," Shaheed Fatima QC, for the Duke, said during Harry's High Court battle on Friday, February 18. "It goes without saying that he does want to come back to see family and friends and to continue to support the charities that are so close to his heart. Most of all, this is and always will be, his home."

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2022 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.