Prince Harry Insists The U.K. 'Will Always Be His Home' While Fighting For Security

prince harry court battle
Source: MEGA

Feb. 18 2022, Published 10:23 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Even though Prince Harry has only returned home twice since he left the U.K. in 2020, he insists that he has a special place in his heart for his home country.

Article continues below advertisement

Last month, the 37-year-old threatened to take legal action against the U.K. government, as he doesn't feel safe when he returns home. When he stepped down from the royal family, he gave up his security, and now he has to pay for it himself.

"This claim is about the fact that the claimant does not feel safe when he is in the U.K. given the security arrangements applied to him in June 2021 and will continue to be applied to him," Shaheed Fatima QC, for the Duke, said during Harry's High Court battle on Friday, February 18. "It goes without saying that he does want to come back to see family and friends and to continue to support the charities that are so close to his heart. Most of all, this is and always will be, his home."

Article continues below advertisement
prince harry court battle
Source: MEGA
Article continues below advertisement

When Harry returned home in 2021 for Prince Philip's funeral and Princess Diana's statue unveiling, he felt uneasy.

“Prince Harry inherited a security risk at birth, for life. He remains sixth in line to the throne, served two tours of combat duty in Afghanistan, and in recent years his family has been subjected to well-documented neo-Nazi and extremist threats," a legal representative for Harry said. “While his role within the institution has changed, his profile as a member of the Royal Family has not. Nor has the threat to him and his family. The Duke and Duchess personally fund a private security team for their family, yet that cannot replicate the necessary police protection needed whilst in the U.K. In the absence of such protection, Prince Harry and his family are unable to return to his home.”

Article continues below advertisement

Despite moving away from his family, the dad-of-two is adamant that being part of The Firm is important to him.

"Whatever decisions are made on that side I will never walk away," he said. "I'll always be contributing. My life is public service so wherever I am in the world it's going to be the same thing."

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2022 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.