Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Plan To Stay At Frogmore Cottage When They Attend Queen's Platinum Jubilee

meghan markle harry frogmore cottage
Source: MEGA

May 10 2022, Published 11:20 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

When Meghan Markle and Prince Harry make the trip to the U.K. in June for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, they are supposedly going to be staying at their former home Frogmore Cottage, The Sun reported.

According to the outlet, security measures have been put in place prior to the couple's arrival.

Article continues below advertisement

The two left the royal family in 2020 and moved into their mansion in Montecito, Calif., but they still lease the property to Harry's cousin Princess Eugenie and her husband, Jack Brooksbank.

Eugenie, who is still close with Harry, will let Meghan, Harry and their two kids, Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 11 months, stay with them.

Last year, the 37-year-old returned home for two occasions: Prince Philip's funeral in April and the unveiling of Princess Diana's statue in July.

Article continues below advertisement

This will be the first time Harry and Prince William, 39, have spent some time together ever since the former discussed his relationship with his older brother on television. But it sounds like the dad-of-three is nervous to be around his little brother.

“William wants to talk to Harry to try to heal the rift between them, but he’s fearful it will find its way on to Netflix, Oprah or into Harry’s upcoming book," a source claimed.

Article continues below advertisement

“William will worry that Harry and Meghan will pull a stunt to try to get the limelight," author Tom Bower claimed. “Kate and William would be foolish not to be suspicious and would be unwise not to be cautious.”

Last week, it was announced that the pair would be hopping over the pond once more.

"Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are excited and honoured to attend The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations this June with their children," a spokesperson for the duo said.

However, they will not be seen on the balcony alongside Prince William, Kate, Prince Charles and Camilla.

“After careful consideration, the Queen has decided this year’s traditional Trooping the Colour balcony appearance on Thursday, June 2 will be limited to Her Majesty and those members of the royal family who are currently undertaking official public duties on behalf of the Queen," a palace spokesperson said.

“In addition, the Cambridge and Wessex children are also expected to appear as is Sir Tim Laurence, who the Queen is happy to attend as a frequent attendee and support for the Princess Royal on official engagements," the statement continued.

Advertisement

GET BREAKING ROYAL NEWS
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

More Stories

© Copyright 2022 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.