Princess Eugenie Heads To Balmoral To Be With Her Dad Prince Andrew Amid Lawsuit Scandal

prince andrew princess eugenie
Source: MEGA

Aug. 11 2021, Published 6:13 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

One day after Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson arrived at Queen Elizabeth's Balmoral estate, his youngest daughter, Princess Eugenie, flew in to support her father amid his lawsuit scandal.

Article continues below advertisement

In photos obtained by The Sun, the 31-year-old princess was spotted in the back of the car after she flew into Aberdeen Airport on Wednesday, August 11.

Article continues below advertisement

Eugenie's husband, Jack Brooksbank, and their son, August, also came along.

Article continues below advertisement

Earlier this week, Virginia Roberts filed a lawsuit against Prince Andrew, alleging that he raped her.

"Today my attorney filed suit against Prince Andrew for sexual abuse under the Child Victims Act. As the suit lays out in detail, I was trafficked to him and sexually abused by him," she said in a statement to PEOPLE on Monday, August 9. "I am holding Prince Andrew accountable for what he did to me. The powerful and rich are not exempt from being held responsible for their actions. I hope that other victims will see that it is possible not to live in silence and fear, but to reclaim one's life by speaking out and demanding justice."

Article continues below advertisement

She concluded, "I did not come to this decision lightly. As a mother and a wife, my family comes first — and I know that this action will subject me to further attacks by Prince Andrew and his surrogates — but I knew if I did not pursue this action, I would be letting them and victims everywhere down."

Article continues below advertisement

In the lawsuit, which was obtained by The Royal Observer, Roberts claims that the royal "sexually abused Plaintiff in Epstein’s New York mansion in this District."

Andrew has maintained his innocence this whole time, and Ferguson also praised her ex before the lawsuit was filed.

Article continues below advertisement

"Whatever challenges he has, I will stand firm to the co-parenters we are together. I believe he's a kind, good man, and he's been a fabulous father to [Princess Beatrice and Eugenie]," she said.

It's unclear what will happen next, but royal expert Robert Jobson believes nothing good will come of this.

"In terms of Prince Andrew's royal career, it is pretty much over," he claimed. "There is hope that if this case had not been lodged he was hoping that he could somehow come back."

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.