Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Won't 'Benefit' From The Millions Of Dollars They Invested In Frogmore Cottage, Claims Expert

prince harry meghan markle wont benefit from millions invested in frogmore cottage
Source: Mega

Jun. 30 2021, Published 12:53 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Whoops! Before Prince Harry and Meghan Markle decided to move to America, the pair reportedly doled out $3.3 million to rent and renovate Frogmore Cottage. But since they stayed there for only five months, it's unlikely that they'll ever profit from the transaction.

Article continues below advertisement

"The Sussexes returned £2.4 million for the refurbishment of their official UK residence. But the report also revealed that they also paid their rent at the property until March 2022," "HeirPod" podcast host Omid Scobie explained. "Although they did pay for the refurbishment, they don't technically own the property. I'm not sure how great that is as an investment."

95 YEARS YOUNG! QUEEN ELIZABETH MARKS A BIG BIRTHDAY MILESTONE — SEE PHOTOS OF HER MAJESTY THROUGHOUT THE YEARS

"Generally, with rental properties, you don't want to spend too much because someone else is going to benefit from it," the reporter noted.

Article continues below advertisement
prince harry meghan markle wont benefit from millions invested in frogmore cottage
Source: MEGA

When Harry and Meghan fled the country, the space was left empty, but after his cousin Princess Eugenie gave birth to her first child on February 9, she moved in with the tot and her husband Jack Brooksbank.

"Eugenie and Harry have always been close and they chat privately all the time. It was Harry who suggested she and Jack could use Frogmore Cottage because it is much bigger than their cottage at Kensington Palace," an insider explained. "It is a case of one family member reaching out to another."

Article continues below advertisement

"Eugenie and Jack were handed the keys last year and told they could use it while Harry and Meghan were in America," an insider told The Sun. "The cottage is now literally split into two, meaning Harry can isolate in one half of the house without ever coming into contact with his cousin and her family. It has been set up for his return after last-minute plans seemed to work when he was back for the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral in April."

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.