Home / Latest News / Princess Catherine

Kate Middleton Received 'Highly Suspicious Calls' During Her Courtship With Prince William, Prince Harry Claims

Prince Harry's lawsuit claimed Kate Middleton received 'highly suspicious calls' when she began dating Prince William.

prince harry claims kate middleton received suspicious calls
Source: mega

Prince Harry continued to reveal what happens behind palace gates in his lawsuit against Associated Newspapers. The Duke of Sussex accused the tabloid publisher of breaking the law in order to publish stories about him and his family. He claimed in court that his ex-girlfriend and Kate Middleton received "highly suspicious" phone calls during the time period he accused the media giant of hacking his phone.

"He became immediately suspicious of anyone named in stories about him and felt that he could not trust anybody, even at such a young age," Harry's attorney, David Sherborne, said in court. "It also caused great challenges in his relationship with his ex-girlfriend Chelsy Davy, and made him fear for his and her safety."

prince harry claims kate middleton received suspicious calls

Harry has continued to express the negative impact the tabloid industry has had throughout his legal case. The Royal Observer previously reported Harry believed his family had a mutually beneficial relationship with the British press during Queen Elizabeth's reign.

"It was agreed directly between these parties, as opposed to their lawyers … that at the conclusion of the Mobile Telephone Voicemail Interception Litigation (MTVIL) News would admit or settle such a claim with an apology," court documents revealed. "In 2017, the claimant and the institution began to push for the outstanding claim to be resolved."

"However, News filibustered in relation to this until, in 2019, the claimant had enough and issued his claim," Harry's attorney added.

prince harry claims kate middleton received suspicious calls

He later alluded to an agreement being made between the monarchy and the news platforms. "There was in place an agreement between the Institution and NGN that we would not engage, or even discuss, the possibility of bringing claims against NGN until the litigation against it relating to phone hacking was over," the author said, according to court documents.

"The Institution made it clear that we did not need to know anything about phone hacking and it was made clear to me that the royal family did not sit in the witness box because that could open up a can of worms," he added.

Harry's claims were published by The Hindustan Times.

GET BREAKING ROYAL NEWS
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

More Stories

While Andrew has recently been in the news for all the wrong reasons, his encounter with an alleged stalker has left everyone scared.
By Medha Sengupta · AUG 7, 2026
Kate Middleton's latest Wimbledon outfit wasn't all-new—and that's exactly what caught fashion fans' attention!
By Mehak Walia · JUL 13, 2026
Getting invited to the Swift-Kelce wedding became a race, a status symbol, as numerous high-profile individuals lobbied to get an inside pass.
By Mary Anthony · JUL 6, 2026
Prince William joked about Travis Kelce’s most memorable moment being outside his football career.
By Mary Anthony · JUL 3, 2026
Princess Anne stepped out in this iconic dress from 1984 and royal fans are impressed!
By Hrishita Das · JUN 27, 2026
Kate Middleton and Melinda Gates reportedly came together at Windsor Castle over a shared passion for a cause they both support.
By Ira Deokule · JUN 25, 2026
Prince William and Robert Irwin's appearance at a climate event was meant to inspire change, but fans quickly focused on something else.
By Mary Anthony · JUN 24, 2026
Royal watchers may have spotted a subtle shift in the monarchy during Trooping the Colour 2026, and it's closely aligned with Prince William's long-term plans for the institution.
By Mary Anthony · JUN 13, 2026
As King Charles celebrates Trooping the Colour, actress Helen Mirren has been awarded one of Britain's rarest honors.
By Hrishita Das · JUN 13, 2026
Meghan Markle treats fans to a new family photo carousel featuring Prince Harry, Prince Lilibet, and a sweet nod to pop icon Beyoncé.
By Ira Deokule · JUN 10, 2026