King Charles Makes Surprise Appearance At A Shakespeare Show As Andrew Probe Takes New Turn
King Charles surprised theatre-goers with a sold-out Shakespeare appearance as fresh developments in Andrew’s investigation continued making headlines.
The Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor investigation over links to Jeffrey Epstein has been causing a lot of embarrassment for the royal family, and recently, new developments were reported as well. Amidst all that, King Charles made another surprise appearance. Following his visit to Ireland, the King was seen attending the performance of The Tempest.
Police looking into Mountbatten-Windsor’s time as Britain’s former trade envoy have said their investigation may also include claims of sexual misconduct alongside allegations of possible misconduct in public office. In a fresh update on Friday, Thames Valley Police once again asked anyone with information to come forward. Previously, Charles assured the public that Buckingham Palace staff would cooperate with the police in any way possible.
Although the disgraced Prince is facing scrutiny yet again, the King sent a clear message to the public that he has not changed his stance. Charles gave theatre-goers an unexpected surprise when he turned up at a sold-out performance of Shakespeare’s The Tempest in Stratford-upon-Avon. He joined fellow audience members to watch the production, led by Sir Kenneth Branagh.
However, as soon as he entered, it is reported by The Independent that the hall erupted into loud cheers. Charles was welcomed by Warwickshire’s Lord Lieutenant, Tim Cox, along with Royal Shakespeare Company co-artistic directors Daniel Evans and Tamara Harvey. During the interval, he met the RSC’s costume team, admired archived pieces, and examined iconic costumes once worn by Dame Judi Dench, David Tennant, and Sir Antony Sher. The King described the costumes as “brilliant.”
Police said they had been in contact with the lawyers of a woman who previously claimed that she was taken to a Windsor property for sexual purposes. The allegation is related to an encounter at Royal Lodge in 2010. According to her lawyer, Brad Edwards, the woman said she was sent to Britain by Jeffrey Epstein when she was in her 20s. He told the BBC that after spending a night with Mountbatten-Windsor, she was also given a tour of Buckingham Palace.
While Thames Valley Police said they were already aware of the reports, they confirmed that officers have not yet spoken directly with the woman. The police said in a statement quoted by CNN, “We have engaged with the woman’s legal representative to confirm that, should she wish to report this to police, it will be taken seriously and handled with care, sensitivity and respect for her privacy and her right for anonymity.”
Following the former Duke’s previous allegations, Charles stripped him of his royal titles and evicted him from the Royal Lodge. Mountbatten-Windsor has since moved to Marsh Farms, where he was attacked. He has reportedly been requesting his previous armed security, which was scrapped due to allegations linked to Jeffrey Epstein.