Prince Andrew has apparently quit the Naval and Military Club, a source told the Mail on Sunday — just one month after he settled his sexual abuse case with Virginia Roberts.
"The Duke’s name remained on the members’ list at the In & Out for several months, even after he stepped down as a member of the Royal Family, but in recent days his name has disappeared from the books," the insider claimed.
The prince had been part of the club since he climbed the ladder in the navy.
After Roberts accused Prince Andrew of raping her when she was 17 years old, he was stripped of his titles and honors.
"With The Queen's approval and agreement, The Duke of York’s military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen," Buckingham Palace said in a statement. "The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen."
It wasn't only Queen Elizabeth's choice to punish Andrew, but Prince William and Prince Charles were also heavily engaged with the situation.
“William, in fact, was very involved in this decision, and it’s been said that he met with the queen in person ahead of their announcement that came out last week,” royal expert Kristin Contino told Us Weekly. “I think that really shows — and I think that’s interesting — his growing influence and how she trusts his judgment and is looking for his advice. And I think that’s a great sign of things to come for William and how much she is relying on talking to him and his counsel.”