Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will be making an appearance at the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, but they will not be on the balcony — something they were very OK with.
Omid Scobie said the two had “spoken with his grandmother about the possibility of not attending Trooping the Colour long before last week’s announcements," and the couple thought it was "inappropriate" to appear on the balcony, as they are no longer working royals.
Scobie noted that they were "keen" to be a part of the Jubilee, which kicks off in early June.
On May 6, the matriarch, 96, made the announcement.
“After careful consideration, the Queen has decided this year’s traditional Trooping the Colour balcony appearance on Thursday, June 2 will be limited to Her Majesty and those members of the royal family who are currently undertaking official public duties on behalf of the Queen," a palace spokesperson said.
“In addition, the Cambridge and Wessex children are also expected to appear as is Sir Tim Laurence, who the Queen is happy to attend as a frequent attendee and support for the Princess Royal on official engagements," the statement continued.
It seems like Meghan, 40, and Harry, 37, will be at other shindigs, though.
“Other family members will be invited to events. We’ve always made that clear and they are likely to be public events," a source said.
“They are much-loved members of the family and they would be invited to family events," an insider said of the pair, who left the royal family in 2020 to move to California.
Despite the ongoing feud with his family, it seems like the pair is looking forward to hopping across the pond once again.
"Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are excited and honoured to attend The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations this June with their children," a spokesperson for the duo said.