Home / Royal News / Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor

Author Behind Prince Andrew’s New Exposé Issues Stern Warning to King Charles: ‘There Are More...’

Author Andrew Lownie has issued a stern warning to King Charles to keep Prince Andrew and the Yorks at a distance, hinting fresh scandals could soon erupt.

Prince Andrew, Duke of York and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales attend a Service of Thanksgiving to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee at St Paul's Cathedral. (Image Source: Getty Images | Max Mumby/Indigo)
Prince Andrew, Duke of York and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales attend a Service of Thanksgiving to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee at St Paul's Cathedral. (Image Source: Getty Images | Max Mumby/Indigo)

Trigger warning: This article contains themes of sexual abuse and suicide that some readers may find distressing

King Charles has been urged to tread carefully when it comes to his younger brother, Prince Andrew, and the rest of the York family, as a biographer warns that fresh scandals are looming. Andrew Lownie, whose upcoming book, Entitled: The Rise and Fall of the House of York, will launch on August 14, says the King should think twice before being seen with the York family. 

rince Andrew, Duke of York leaves the funeral service of Patricia Knatchbull, Countess Mountbatten of Burma at St Paul's Church in Knightsbridge. (Image Source: Getty Images | Mark Richards - WPA Pool )
Prince Andrew, Duke of York, leaves the funeral service of Patricia Knatchbull, Countess Mountbatten of Burma, at St Paul's Church in Knightsbridge. (Image Source: Getty Images | Mark Richards - WPA Pool )

Speaking to the Daily Mail’s Palace Confidential newsletter, Lownie’s blunt advice to Charles was, “I would keep the whole York family at a distance. Fergie should not be invited to events, and the daughters should not be made working royals. I believe there are more scandals to emerge." For Charles, it’s not the first time his brother has been at the centre of a PR crisis. In late 2019, Andrew stepped down from royal duties over his links to disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein. By 2022, the late Queen had also stripped him of military titles and royal patronages. The move came after he faced a US civil lawsuit over allegations of sexual assault, which he has always denied. The case was settled out of court with his accuser, Virginia Giuffre, and since then, Andrew has largely been kept away from royal events.

As per Royal Insider, Lownie’s warning comes as his book promises to stir the waters once again, dredging up uncomfortable claims about Andrew’s relationships with both Epstein and former US President Donald Trump. In a serialized extract published by The Daily Mail, Lownie recalls a Halloween party in 2000 hosted by model Heidi Klum, which Andrew attended alongside Trump. At the time, Trump was quoted as calling Andrew “a lot of fun to be with.” Lownie alleges that not long after, the pair were overheard discussing Trump’s planned golf resort in Scotland, and then veering into a lewd conversation about women, with Trump “producing a list of masseuses for the Prince.”

Donald Trump, Melania Trump, and Prince Andrew pose together at the Mar-a-Lago estate, Palm Beach, in 2000.
Donald Trump, Melania Trump, and Prince Andrew pose together at the Mar-a-Lago estate, Palm Beach, in 2000.(Image Source: Getty Images | Davidoff Studios)

Lownie, who claims to have contacted over 3,000 people from Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's past in the course of his research and managed to convince 300 to talk to him—most of them off the record—portrays Andrew as reckless with finances and catastrophically bad at reading the room. The book also claims Epstein once described Andrew as “more obsessed with p---y than [him],” and includes an allegation from the financier's former driver, who says he once chauffeured the Duke and “two young girls, aged around 18” to a hotel, where they allegedly took cocaine and Andrew made out "with one of them."

Prince Andrew, Gwendolyn Beck, and Jeffrey Epstein at a party at the Mar-a-Lago club, Palm Beach, Florida, February 12, 2000. (Image Source: Getty Images | Davidoff Studios)
Prince Andrew, Gwendolyn Beck, and Jeffrey Epstein at a party at the Mar-a-Lago club, Palm Beach, Florida, February 12, 2000. (Image Source: Getty Images | Davidoff Studios)

The timing of the book’s release is awkward for Andrew, coming just weeks after the FBI and US Department of Justice declared they had found no incriminating ‘client list’ in the Epstein investigation, a relief, albeit temporary, for the Duke after years of speculation. But Lownie’s account makes clear that while Andrew may have escaped fresh legal peril for now, the court of public opinion is far from finished with him.

If you are being subjected to sexual assault, or know of anyone who is, please call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800.656.HOPE (4673)

If you are having thoughts about taking your own life, or know of anyone who is, please contact The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)

GET BREAKING ROYAL NEWS
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

More Stories

Princess Eugenie had kept her newborn daughter's name a secret for days but has now chosen to finally announce it.
By Ira Deokule · 2 DAYS AGO
The recent years have not been easy for Princess Beatrice following her parents’ scandal and subsequent rumors of marriage troubles.
By Medha Sengupta · 2 DAYS AGO
Keeping out of the public eye, Sarah Ferguson is reportedly using one ex-boyfriend's luxury estate as a quiet summer hideaway.
By Medha Sengupta · 2 DAYS AGO
According to new reports, the disgraced former royal remains included in long-standing contingency arrangements despite his removal from royal duties.
By Hrishita Das · 2 DAYS AGO
The UK Epstein Survivors Campaign expressed optimism, believing a meeting with the influential political figure could lead to justice for survivors.
By Mary Anthony · 2 DAYS AGO
The royal family marked Princess Anne's birthday on Saturday with a tribute honoring a major sports connection that began entirely by accident.
By Ira Deokule · 4 DAYS AGO
Princess Beatrice made elaborate preparations to avoid unwanted attention and marked her entry to Paddy McNally's funeral via a private road.
By Mary Anthony · 4 DAYS AGO
While the world would expect someone with Diana's stature to avoid reading about themselves, the Princess did the exact opposite.
By Medha Sengupta · 5 DAYS AGO
As per royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams, King Charles is sure to be 'overjoyed' at the young royal's career choice.
By Medha Sengupta · 5 DAYS AGO
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle appeared in good spirits as they arrived for an event, but things soon took an awkward turn, especially for Markle.
By Medha Sengupta · AUG 11, 2026