U.S. Government Official States They 'Remain In Close Contact' With The U.K. Over Prince Andrew's Sex Abuse Case

us government remain in close contact with uk over prince andrews sex abuse case
Source: MEGA

Aug. 30 2021, Published 1:26 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

As the investigation into Prince Andrew's sexual abuse case continues to stall, the U.S. issued a statement to confirm that they are working alongside U.K. officials to get the process moving.

Article continues below advertisement

Following an inquiry about the situation, an American government official replied, "The U.S. and the U.K. have a close, productive and resilient law enforcement and mutual legal assistance relationship. We remain in close contact on many active cases on a daily basis and will continue to seek assistance in criminal matters as we provide similar assistance in return."

Virginia Roberts Giuffre filed a lawsuit against the Duke of York, claiming that he not only raped her when she was just 17, but also made her a victim of Jeffrey Epstein's sex trafficking crimes.

HOME SWEET HOME! FROM BUCKINGHAM PALACE TO WINDSOR CASTLE — SEE MAGNIFICENT PHOTOS OF THE BRITISH ROYAL RESIDENCES

Article continues below advertisement

Andrew has denied the allegations and vowed to cooperate with authorities, but since then, he hasn't done anything to help, and instead, he has been staying out of the public eye by living at the Queen's Balmoral estate.

"It's interesting because he's born in an era when women who complain about inappropriate behavior are sidelined and shuttled off, but there's been a revolution in thinking and behaviors over the last 10 years," royal historian Dr. Tessa Dunlop noted of the situation. "It's like he's still living in the Dark Ages,"

Article continues below advertisement

"Don't you get it, this is really serious. They just make for the most appalling headlines, the most appalling story," she continued. "The longer he doesn't do what he'd said he'd do which was fully cooperate, the drips are becoming great puddles, and it's a huge problem for the royal family."

Despite the situation, the father-of-two has continued to see his family, including his two daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie.

QUEEN MÁXIMA WEARS STYLISH BEIGE SUIT AS SHE VISITS A CLEANING COMPANY IN THE NETHERLANDS — PHOTOS

“He has been cheerful and relaxed at Balmoral," a source told The Sun. "His legal team always expected this and have prepared. They advised the Duke to keep calm and carry on and he is taking their advice."

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.