Home / Latest News / Prince Harry

Prince Harry Shuts Down Anderson Cooper When Asked If He'd Ever Return To Royal Life Full-Time — Watch

Prince Harry was asked if he'd ever return to being a royal full-time — watch him respond, here.

prince harry royal family full time
Source: mega

Looks like Prince Harry is ready to move on from his old life for good.

In a preview for the prince's 60 Minutes interview with Anderson Cooper, which will premiere on Sunday, January 8, on CBS, the journalist bluntly asked: “Can you see a day when you would return as a full-time member of the royal family?"

"No," the 38-year-old replied.

Others weighed in on the dad-of-two's response, and it seemed like they were thrilled he stay far away from the U.K.

One person wrote, "I wouldn’t trust them to come back as working royals when they have sold their family out for cash. I wouldn’t trust them to not have hidden microphones/be taking photos w/o permission or selling even more stories for cash," while another added, "The Royal Family can never trust him again."

After Harry and Meghan Markle, 41, moved to the U.S. in 2020, they have told their side of the story, which hasn't sat well with his brother, Prince William, and father, King Charles.

As The Royal Observer previously reported, Harry will release his upcoming memoir, titled Spare, on January 10, and it sounds like he's not holding back.

In another preview for the TV special, Cooper asked the Duke of Sussex if he tried to leave the monarchy in a quiet way, to which he replied, "Every single time I've tried to do it privately there have been briefings and leakings and planting of stories against me and my wife. You know, the family motto is never complain, never explain, but it's just a motto."

"They will feed or have a conversation with the correspondent. And that correspondent will literally be spoon-fed information and write the story. And at the bottom of it they will say that they've reached out to Buckingham Palace for comment. But the whole story is Buckingham Palace commenting," he continued. "So when we're being told for the last six years, 'We can't put a statement out to protect you.' But you do it for other members of the family. It becomes — there becomes a point when silence is betrayal."

GET BREAKING ROYAL NEWS
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

More Stories

While Andrew has recently been in the news for all the wrong reasons, his encounter with an alleged stalker has left everyone scared.
By Medha Sengupta · AUG 7, 2026
Kate Middleton's latest Wimbledon outfit wasn't all-new—and that's exactly what caught fashion fans' attention!
By Mehak Walia · JUL 13, 2026
Getting invited to the Swift-Kelce wedding became a race, a status symbol, as numerous high-profile individuals lobbied to get an inside pass.
By Mary Anthony · JUL 6, 2026
Prince William joked about Travis Kelce’s most memorable moment being outside his football career.
By Mary Anthony · JUL 3, 2026
Princess Anne stepped out in this iconic dress from 1984 and royal fans are impressed!
By Hrishita Das · JUN 27, 2026
Kate Middleton and Melinda Gates reportedly came together at Windsor Castle over a shared passion for a cause they both support.
By Ira Deokule · JUN 25, 2026
Prince William and Robert Irwin's appearance at a climate event was meant to inspire change, but fans quickly focused on something else.
By Mary Anthony · JUN 24, 2026
Royal watchers may have spotted a subtle shift in the monarchy during Trooping the Colour 2026, and it's closely aligned with Prince William's long-term plans for the institution.
By Mary Anthony · JUN 13, 2026
As King Charles celebrates Trooping the Colour, actress Helen Mirren has been awarded one of Britain's rarest honors.
By Hrishita Das · JUN 13, 2026
Meghan Markle treats fans to a new family photo carousel featuring Prince Harry, Prince Lilibet, and a sweet nod to pop icon Beyoncé.
By Ira Deokule · JUN 10, 2026