Prince Harry's Invictus Games Charity Made More Money Last Year Thanks To Kate Middleton & Prince William

harry kate charity

Aug. 20 2021, Published 11:10 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Prince Harry's Invictus Games charity did well last year — and Kate Middleton and Prince William even helped out.

Article continues below advertisement

According to published accounts, the foundation received £500,000 in financial support from the couple. Invictus had an income of £1.77 million last year, compared to £1.06 million in 2019.

“Prince William and Catherine always supported Harry’s efforts to establish Invictus," a courtier told the Daily Mail's Richard Eden. “They are delighted that it has been a success."

Article continues below advertisement

It's surprising that William and Kate would be so generous to Prince Harry, especially because he threw his brother under the bus during his Oprah Winfrey interview, which aired in March.

“I love William to bits. We’ve been through hell together and we have a shared experience but we are on different paths,” the red-headed royal said at the time. “The relationship is space at the moment and time heals all things, hopefully.”

Article continues below advertisement

The two look like they are in a better place, though, as they were spotted chatting at Princess Diana's statue unveiling in July.

Article continues below advertisement

Now that Harry lives in California, he is focused on other projects, including a new documentary about the Invictus Games, which will be released on Netflix.

"Since the very first Invictus Games back in 2014, we knew that each competitor would contribute in their own exceptional way to a mosaic of resilience, determination, and resolve. This series will give communities around the world a window into the moving and uplifting stories of these competitors on their path to the Netherlands next year," Harry said in a statement about his latest venture.

Article continues below advertisement

He continued, "As Archewell Productions' first series with Netflix, in partnership with the Invictus Games Foundation, I couldn't be more excited for the journey ahead or prouder of the Invictus community for continuously inspiring global healing, human potential and continued service."

It's even been reported that Harry, 36, might return home to the U.K. later this year to film some scenes there.

Article continues below advertisement

"Our understanding is that the Duke of Sussex will be accompanied by a small film crew in order to allow the public to see the hard work involved in planning these games," a source said.

Harry will also take the crew to interact with people at Stanford Hall, the Army's rehabilitation center for wounded soldiers.

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.