According to the outlet, investigators want to interview Andrew, as he might be a potential witness. Though the dad-of-two said he would cooperate with authorities, he has declined requests to talk with investigators, and now they are not sure if they will ever be able to interview him, the source said.
"He doesn't seem to want to talk to us," the insider said.
In the lawsuit, which was obtained by The Royal Observer, Virginia Roberts claims that the royal "sexually abused Plaintiff in Epstein’s New York mansion in this District."
"On another occasion, Prince Andrew sexually abused Plaintiff on Epstein’s private island in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Little St. James," the documents state. "During each of the aforementioned incidents, Plaintiff was compelled by express or implied threats by Epstein, Maxwell, and/or Prince Andrew to engage in sexual acts with Prince Andrew, and feared death or physical injury to herself or another and other repercussions for disobeying Epstein, Maxwell, and Prince Andrew due to their powerful connections, wealth, and authority."
Andrew has denied any wrongdoing and has remained quiet since the lawsuit was filed on Monday, August 9.
Andrew was photographed heading to Queen Elizabeth's Balmoral estate last week, and it seems like he will remain out of the spotlight for quite some time.
“The legal process could go on for years but that’s not his fault," an insider said. “He will respond if required to by law, as he has always said. His lawyers saw what happened with the Newsnight interview and think it’s best he says as little as possible.”