On Tuesday, March 29, a service of Thanksgiving will be held at Westminster Abbey to honor the life of Prince Philip, who died last April at the age of 99. The event is invitation only, leaving many to ponder whether Queen Elizabeth will have disgraced son Prince Andrew by her side on the day of.
The palace hasn't officially confirmed a guest list, but a source told The Sun, "Prince Andrew is expected at the service of thanksgiving as he is a son of the Duke of Edinburgh." It's unclear whether Prince Harry will attend, as he's in the midst of a disagreement over his security requirements.
Buckingham Palace announced the ceremony on February 7.
"His Royal Highness’s body will lie at rest in Windsor Castle ahead of the funeral in St George’s Chapel. This is in line with custom and with His Royal Highness’s wishes," the statement read. "The funeral arrangements have been revised in view of the prevailing circumstances arising from the COVID-19 pandemic and it is regretfully requested that members of the public do not attempt to attend or participate in any of the events that make up the funeral."
The report about Andrew's attendance comes shortly after it was revealed that the father-of-two would have to attend trial in the U.S., as a woman named Virginia Giuffre is suing him, claiming she was raped by him when she was a teenager.
He's been keeping a low profile lately, but that hasn't stopped the royal family from fretting over the situation.
"The best outcome for everyone is that this is settled as soon as possible," an insider previously told The Sun. "There are deep, deep worries that this will get worse and worse for the family and will overshadow Platinum Jubilee celebrations."
"He has always denied the allegations and will continue to deny them as he fights to clear his name," a second insider shared. "A motion to dismiss was refused and now the Duke will be ready to defend himself in court."