In January, Prince Harry threatened to take legal action against the U.K. government, as he doesn't feel safe when he returns home since he doesn't have security with him.
Last week, Harry, 37, spoke about the incident once more.
"This claim is about the fact that the claimant does not feel safe when he is in the U.K. given the security arrangements applied to him in June 2021 and will continue to be applied to him," Shaheed Fatima QC, for the Duke, said during Harry's High Court battle on Friday, February 18. "It goes without saying that he does want to come back to see family and friends and to continue to support the charities that are so close to his heart. Most of all, this is and always will be, his home."
But expert Angela Levin hit back at Harry's claims.
"What annoyed me incredibly is he said he was in the immediate line of succession," she stated. "Does he really think he's got a chance to be King when he's behaved like this? The Queen's got to stand up to it."
At the moment, Prince Charles, Prince William, Prince Harry and Prince Andrew are all Counsellors of State and take over if Queen Elizabeth is abroad or under the weather. Since Andrew is embroiled in a scandal and Prince Harry no longer lives here, it doesn't make sense for them to be on the list anymore, Levin argues.
"I think she's got to stop him being the Counsellor of State and that means when she can't manage or unwell, they become stand-ins. They go to meetings and they sign documents," she said.
Now, it doesn't even seem like Harry is coming home anytime soon, which would mean he will most likely miss Prince Philip's Thanksgiving service in March.
“They don't think it's likely he'll come back because it would undermine his position that it's too much of a threat," a source said.