The Royal Family Believes Meghan Markle & Prince Harry 'Should Never Have Taken Their Case To Court': 'There Is Frustration All The Way To The Top,' Source Claims

meghan royal family
Source: MEGA

Nov. 15 2021, Published 12:42 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

It looks like the royal family is less than pleased with Meghan Markle — again. After the former actress, 40, sued Associated Newspapers Limited for publishing a private letter she wrote to her father, Thomas Markle, prior to her 2018 wedding to Prince Harry, it was declared that they infringed on her copyright.

Article continues below advertisement

But now that the tabloid has appealed, it was revealed that the couple were briefed about the tell-all book Finding Freedom, which was released last year.

“There is frustration all the way to the top, because a lot of people told them that it was unwise to proceed with the case. Now she has been found out," a source told the Sunday Times. "They [the royal family] will think they should never have taken it to court."

Article continues below advertisement

“Before Harry and Meghan pulled the trigger, we wanted to walk them through what it would look like if it went all the way and face up to that," the source added.

Article continues below advertisement

Jason Knauf presented evidence to the court the reason why she sent the letter to her father in the first place.

"The catalyst for my doing this [sending the letter] is seeing how much pain this is causing H. Even after a week with his dad and endlessly explaining the situation, his family seem to forget the context — and revert to, 'Can't she just go and see him and make this stop?'" Meghan said in a text message. "They fundamentally don't understand so at least by writing H will be able to say to his family ... 'she wrote him a letter and he's still doing it.'"

Article continues below advertisement

"By taking this form of action I protect my husband from this constant berating, and while unlikely perhaps it will give my father a moment to pause," the message continued. "Obviously everything I have drafted is with the understanding that it could be leaked so I have been meticulous in my word choice but please do let me know if anything stands out for you as a liability."

In a statement, Meghan accepted “that Mr. Knauf did provide some information to the authors for the book and that he did so with my knowledge, for a meeting that he planned for with the authors in his capacity as communications secretary."

“And I apologize to the court for the fact that I had not remembered these exchanges at the time. I had absolutely no wish or intention to mislead the defendant or the court," she stated.

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.