Princess Charlene Was Rushed To South Africa Hospital After Collapsing, But She's Now In Stable Condition

princess charlene rushed to south africa hospital after collapsing now in stable condition
Source: MEGA

Sep. 3 2021, Published 1:49 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Princess Charlene of Monaco faced another health scare on the night of September 1.

According to News24, the royal was rushed to the Netcare Alberlito Hospital in South Africa due to a medical emergency, but since then, she was discharged, with the Palace confirming she's now in "stable" condition.

Article continues below advertisement

"The princess is currently recovering in South Africa where her medical team advised she does not travel until all the necessary procedures have been completed," a statement from the palace read. "The princess was due to undergo another procedure on [September 3] before she suddenly collapsed."

The mom-of-two has been in the country since mid-May, as after an ENT procedure resulted in an infection, she had to stay put to be treated for subsequent complications. Her condition prohibits her from flying above 20,000 feet.

PRINCESS MARIE OF DENMARK WOWS IN A FLORAL DRESS AS SHE ATTENDS THE SCHACKENBORG MUSIC FESTIVAL — PICS

Article continues below advertisement

Shortly before the hospitalization news broke, her husband, Prince Albert, told PEOPLE that "she's ready to come home."

"I know she's said possibly 'late October,' but that was before this most recent round of appointments," he explained. "I'm pretty sure we can cut that time frame a little short."

princess charlene
Source: MEGA
Article continues below advertisement

"She's ready," the royal added. "She's jokingly said that she's ready to stowaway on a ship to come back to Europe."

On August 13, Charlene had to undergo a four-hour surgery, but her spouse said "she was in good spirits" at the time.

PRINCE GEORGE TURNS 8! KATE MIDDLETON & PRINCE WILLIAM'S ELDEST SON IS GETTING SO BIG — PHOTOS

Article continues below advertisement

A few days later, she reunited with her kids, 6-year-old twins Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques, and Albert, as they were able to visit her for the first time in months.

"I am so thrilled to have my family back with me," she gushed on social media, sharing photos from a safari.

"My daily conversations with Albert and my children help me keep my spirits up a lot, but I miss their presence very much," she admitted. "I can’t wait for us to be together."

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.