After Prince Harry made it clear that he had nothing to do with Prince Charles' aide Michael Fawcett's recent scandal — where he allegedly offered British citizenship to Saudi businessman Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz in exchange for charity donations — the 73-year-old is apparently upset at his youngest son.
“Charles is deeply shocked and disappointed by Harry’s latest statement which effectively threw his father under the bus," a friend told The Sun. “There are fears that this episode with Mahfouz could even be a chapter in Harry’s autobiography. This attack was more damaging than the swipe at Charles’s parenting skills because this was a challenge to the way he conducts his business which is far more damaging to the future king."
The pal added, “These constant barbs about his father from America could be very damaging to his reign. Attempts have been made to clear the air, but they have barely spoken since the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral."
Fawcett resigned last month, and recently, the foundation published a summary of an investigation, which was carried out by Ernst & Young.
They said: "There is evidence that communication and co-ordination took place between the CEO at the time and so-called 'fixers' regarding honorary nominations for a donor between 2014-18."
Ernst & Young found "no evidence that employees or trustees of the Prince's Foundation were aware of private dinners being 'sold' or arranged in exchange for money."
"The Prince of Wales is grateful to independent auditors for reviewing procedures at the Prince's Foundation, who are today announcing a series of findings. It is important to His Royal Highness that the charities which bear his name operate to the highest standards, in accordance with rules established by charity regulators. We are taking this opportunity to reinforce guidance to these charities, particularly in respect of their relationships with supporters," a statement from Charles read after the ordeal came to light.
The Sunday Times then reported that Harry met with Mahfouz in the past and received private donations from him — but he shut those allegations down.
"It is disappointing that The Sunday Times, knowing all the facts, has chosen to encourage speculation by being deliberately vague to try to create a falsified link between the Duke of Sussex and the CBE scandal, of which he had no knowledge or involvement," the statement read.
"The Duke and his advisers, as well as his non-profit Sentebale, severed ties with Mr. Mahfouz and his associates in 2015, no longer accepting further donations to Sentebale and discontinuing any plans for a fundraising event amid growing concerns over the motives for his support," the statement continued. "The Duke had one planned meeting with this donor nearly eight years ago, did not introduce him to any members of the royal family, and expressed his concerns about the donor."