Later this year, Prince Andrew will have to travel to America to take part in a trial, as a woman named Virginia Giuffre filed a lawsuit against him claiming he raped her when she was just 17.
While he will obviously have to take the stand, Daily Mail editor Rebecca English stated that various members of the monarchy may be forced to testify as well.
"I think the people that they’re looking to call so far haven’t been a great surprise, but this could be just the tip of the iceberg," she noted of the situation. "There still is a fear that they might try to call members of the royal family or Andrew’s family, [daughter] Princess Beatrice or his ex-wife Sarah [Ferguson], Duchess of York. This discovery process can take them anywhere."
Despite the allegations, Ferguson has publicly supported her ex.
"He is such a kind, great man, he is a brilliant father and now a fantastic grandfather," she shared in December while appearing on an Italian talk show. "I feel very strongly that in this day and age that we must stand by our hearts, what we think is right with integrity and honor and loyalty."
On the other hand, his daughters and the rest of the royals haven't said much on the matter. In fact, when Andrew's brother Prince Charles was asked on January 14 about the situation, he stayed silent.
"He didn't have anything to say, he barely looked up and continued on with his journey," reporter James Matthews revealed.
Overall, the royals are just hoping for the scandal to come to an end so they can move on.
"The best outcome for everyone is that this is settled as soon as possible," said a source. "There are deep, deep worries that this will get worse and worse for the family and will overshadow Platinum Jubilee celebrations."