Prince Andrew Finally Served Court Papers In Sexual Assault Case

andrew tro
Source: MEGA

Sep. 10 2021, Published 4:06 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

After trying to avoid court papers, Prince Andrew has finally been served court papers, it was revealed on Friday, September 10.

Article continues below advertisement

According to documents obtained by The Royal Observer, Cesar Sepulveda filed an affidavit in the Manhattan and confirmed that he gave the papers to Andrew at 9:30 a.m. on August 27. However, Andrew's security and police guards were originally told not to accept them on August 26.

Sepulveda "initially met with the security staff at the main gates of the property and at the time Deponent left a business card and was asked to wait," the documents read. "After some time, Deponent met with a further Metropolitan Police Officer, this time the Head of Security, who apparently experienced the same difficulties and he could not raise anyone in charge there."

Article continues below advertisement

"Deponent was also advised at that time that anything left there would not be forwarded to the said Defendant and it appeared from the attendance that the security staff had already been primed not to allow anyone access onto the property to service court process and instructed not to accept any service," the docs continue.

Article continues below advertisement

The server left messages with Andrew's attorney but "no communication was received," so he had to return to the Royal Lodge the next day to try again.

"Deponent met with the Metropolitan Police Officer on duty and this Metropolitan Police Officer then telephoned to a different Metropolitan Police Officer, who the Deponent was then advised that the Court process could be left with the Metropolitan Police Officer at the main gates to the property and that this matter would then be forwarded on to the Legal Team," the documents reveal. "The Deponent did enquire whether it was possible to meet personally with the Defendant, but the Deponent was told that this was not possible and although the Deponent did ask the whereabouts of the Defendant, the Metropolitan Police Officer said he could not answer any questions, but stated that by leaving there, the Court process would be forwarded on to the Legal Team."

Article continues below advertisement

The server finally served the prince with the paperwork on August 27 at 9:30 a.m.

Article continues below advertisement

Andrew — who Virginia Roberts has accused of raping her when she was 17 years old — has been hiding out at Queen Elizabeth's Balmoral estate.

The dad-of-two has denied any wrongdoing.

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.