More Desperate Than They Look: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'Keeping a Line Open' by Maintaining Spotify Link on Website

prince harry
Source: MEGA

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex still link out to their failed Spotify podcast.

Jan. 26 2024, Published 3:43 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are apparently unable to let go of Spotify, despite the company's dumping them in June 2023.

A new report has found that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have yet to scrub the audio giant from their website. One page on their site reads, "Archewell Audio will join Spotify and their global reach —180 million Premium subscribers and 406 million monthly active users around the world — to spotlight diverse perspectives and voices."

Article continues below advertisement
prince harry
Source: MEGA

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle lost their Spotify contract in June 2023.

"Being prominently featured on Spotify is an amazing accomplishment and they probably want people to access their briefly-aired show. I don't think there is anything wrong with this," PR analyst Ryan McCormick dished. "From what I can tell, Meghan and Harry haven't put out any misinformation about their current non-status with the podcasting company. Keeping a link on their site to Spotify keeps a line open. Who knows? They may one day return to their program."

This is despite conflicting reports suggesting that their efforts were apparently "boring," and additional projects spearheaded by the Duke left the corporation's bosses "underwhelmed" and baffled by the sheer unlikelihood such ideas could ever come to fruition. It was reported the prince wanted to interview the likes of Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump, Pope Francis, and Mark Zuckerberg to ask probing questions about their childhoods.

Furthermore, the fifth in line to the throne managed to terrify executives at the streaming app as well as at Netflix last summer after he allegedly claimed that his part in signing multi-million-dollar contracts with them were just "quick deals." If reports are to be believed, the ex-working royal only signed on the dotted line to rake in the advanced funding to supposedly "pay for security."

Article continues below advertisement
prince harry
Source: MEGA

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex still maintain their Netflix deal.

As The Royal Observer previously reported, insiders connected to Archewell Productions spoke out against their bosses. The couple's employees blasted the royal rebels' "lack of direction" as a source of frustration within the company.

With Spotify cutting its losses with the alleged cash-in-a-dash royals, press attention has since turned to the duo's remaining Netflix contract. A Hollywood insider told a publication last summer: "But the remainder of the deal relies on them producing those good ideas. The deal’s continually under review, which is normal for one of this magnitude."

Article continues below advertisement
prince harry
Source: MEGA

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have maintained a low public profile since losing their Spotify deal.

Whether leaving Spotify announcements on their website is merely an oversight or a sign of holding out hope, the Montecito royals are said to be moving on even with a lack of project announcements so far this year. Meghan signed with the WME talent agency in April 2023, and Harry is reportedly working on a solo documentary with Netflix about his love of the African continent.

Article continues below advertisement
prince harry
Source: MEGA

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex at the 2023 Invictus Games.

Source: TRO

Daily Mirror reported on McCormick's comments.

Advertisement

GET BREAKING ROYAL NEWS
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

More Stories

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.