Home / The Sussex Family / Prince Harry

Meghan Markle 'Furious' Over Prince Harry's Palace Snub — Insiders Reveal Her Breaking Point

On Monday, media reports offered conflicting details about Harry's accommodation plans during his visit to the UK.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle visit the University of Chichester. (Cover Image Source: Getty Images | Max Mumby)
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle visit the University of Chichester. (Cover Image Source: Getty Images | Max Mumby)

Since stepping back as senior working royals in 2020, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have remained at the very core of a long-running rift. Their high-profile Oprah Winfrey interview, Harry's memoir Spare, and several other public comments have led to deteriorating ties with the members of the royal family, including several senior royals. While there have been occasional reports of possible reconciliation, the rift continues to be the subject of intense public speculation. For instance, sources are now claiming that the Duchess of Sussex is deeply upset after Harry was allegedly humiliated by the Palace recently.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry visit a local farming family, the Woodleys. Cover Image Source: Getty Images | Chris Jackson
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry visit a local farming family, the Woodleys. (Image Source: Getty Images | Chris Jackson)

On Monday, media reports offered conflicting details about Harry's accommodation plans during the upcoming London leg of his visit to the UK. While several outlets initially reported that he would be staying at Buckingham Palace, Palace sources dismissed those claims just about an hour later. As reported by HOLA Magazine, the Duke was invited to stay at the Palace during his visit, but the invitation was withdrawn after he did not respond by last week's deadline. Hosting a guest at Buckingham Palace requires advance notice so security, accommodation, and other necessary arrangements can be made.

(L) Prince Harry attends The Invictus Games Foundation 10th Anniversary Service; (R) King Charles seen during a visit to The National Stud. Cover Image Source: Getty Images | (L) Max Mumby; (R) Chris Radburn
(L) Prince Harry attends The Invictus Games Foundation 10th Anniversary Service. (R) King Charles seen during a visit to The National Stud. (Image Source: Getty Images | (L) Max Mumby; (R) Chris Radburn)

As a result, insiders claim that these last-minute changes have destroyed any remaining hopes of reconciliation and even marked a breaking point for Markle. Speaking to Rob Shuter's Naughty But Nice, a source said, “This was one insult too many. Meghan feels they’ve bent over backward for Harry’s family, only to be embarrassed again. As far as she’s concerned, she’ll never see them again.” Another source stated, “Harry kept changing his mind. Eventually, the Palace simply said, ‘Forget it.’ They weren’t going to keep rearranging everything at the last minute.”

Meanwhile, clarifying, Harry's spokesperson revealed that the Duke officially accepted the invitation over the past weekend after he finished sorting out alternative private security options. He said, "I am aware of multiple briefings from Buckingham Palace last week suggesting that the Duke had not accepted the offer of accommodation at a Royal Residence." He added, "Following RAVEC’s decision not to provide security for his family, the Duke spent last week making alternative security arrangements. Once those arrangements were in place, he was able to formally accept the offer of accommodation for himself over the weekend."

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, attends The Invictus Games Foundation 10th Anniversary Service at St. Paul's Cathedral. (Image Source: Getty Images | Max Mumby/Indigo)
Prince Harry attends The Invictus Games Foundation 10th Anniversary Service at St. Paul's Cathedral. (Image Source: Getty Images | Max Mumby)

The person further expressed his disappointment, stating, "It is therefore disappointing that the offer has now been withdrawn, with Tuesday’s judgment in the Associated Newspapers Limited case cited as the reason. Buckingham Palace has, however, been aware of that judgment since last Thursday. It is therefore unclear why, having formally accepted the accommodation offer, it has now been withdrawn at the last moment." It's worth noting that Harry is visiting the UK mainly to celebrate the one-year countdown to the 2027 Invictus Games, which will be held in Birmingham.

GET BREAKING ROYAL NEWS
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

More Stories

King Charles had invited Prince Harry to Balmoral when the late Queen's health worsened, however, one thing didn't sit right with the latter.
By Ira Deokule · 4 DAYS AGO
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are apparently interrupting their path to success and need a break.
By Mehak Walia · 4 DAYS AGO
MasterChef judge recently cleared the air about whether Prince Harry's surprise video call to Meghan Markle was staged or not.
By Ira Deokule · 4 DAYS AGO
Meghan Markle’s MasterChef appearance earned the Duchess adoration from the judges—alongside a few snide remarks from an MKR judge.
By Mary Anthony · 4 DAYS AGO
He reportedly wants to reconnect with his extended family and his plethora of charities in the U.K.
By Mehak Walia · 4 DAYS AGO
Meghan Markle's brand site experienced its lowest monthly total of the year in July, with visits dropping in five of the last six months.
By Mary Anthony · 7 DAYS AGO
Royal experts break down Prince Harry’s shifting image in the UK.
By Mary Anthony · 7 DAYS AGO
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are facing fresh criticism as their latest creative project tanks at box office.
By Ira Deokule · 7 DAYS AGO
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's relationship dynamic has changed over the years, according to a royal expert.
By Ira Deokule · 7 DAYS AGO
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had found their own special piece of home in Montecito, however, it is now temporarily threatened.
By Ira Deokule · AUG 13, 2026