King Charles' Cancer Scare Places the Royal Family on 'Very Thin Ground' as Kate Middleton Continues to Be 'Incapacitated'

king charles cancer diagnosis highglights weakened monarchy
Source: MEGA

Feb. 6 2024, Updated 6:41 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

King Charles' recent cancer diagnosis and Kate Middleton's ongoing medical leave are highlighting the issues within the slimmed-down monarchy. Before the palace updated the public about Charles' well-being, it was announced Prince William would take a step back from his role to care for the Princess of Wales.

Aside from Kate's recovery journey, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's 2020 "Megxit" scandal would prevent them from taking over Charles and Kate's roles.

Article continues below advertisement
king charles cancer diagnosis highglights weakened monarchy
Source: MEGA

King Charles will receive treatment for his cancer diagnosis.

"This is a difficult bit, Martha, because obviously, the Princess of Wales, Catherine, is incapacitated back recovering herself," royal expert Neil Sean told an outlet. "And then, of course, you have Prince William who is also on daddy duties."

While Charles, Queen Camilla and the Wales focus on their households, Princess Anne and Prince Edward continue to attend public engagements.

"So now, we're going to have to see the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh and, of course, the Princess Royal — but it does leave the royals on very thin on the ground," the commentator added.

Article continues below advertisement
king charles cancer diagnosis highglights weakened monarchy
Source: MEGA

King Charles will focus on his health and take a step back from his public life.

In previous years, monarchs were secretive about their health challenges, but Charles' decision to be honest is reflective of how the times are changing.

"His Majesty the King wants to nip this in the bud and be transparent and say, ‘This is where I’m at now,' so people don't speculate and make grave misdemeanors regarding it," Sean continued.

Article continues below advertisement
king charles cancer diagnosis highglights weakened monarchy
Source: MEGA

Kate Middleton and Prince William are on leave as the Princess of Wale recovers from surgery.

OK! previously reported the palace informed the world of Charles' condition on Monday, February 5.

“During the king’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer," the statement read. “His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties."

Article continues below advertisement
king charles cancer diagnosis highglights weakened monarchy
Source: MEGA

Kate Middleton and Prince William are rumored to be waiting until their kids are older to ascend to the throne.

As Charles follows his doctor's orders, he will continue to carry out office tasks.

“Throughout this period, his majesty will continue to undertake state business and official paperwork as usual," the message continued. “The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure."

"He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible," the rep revealed. "His majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer.”

Article continues below advertisement

Shortly after the story made headlines, Harry fled his California mansion to be with his father.

"Quite rightly, Harry's coming back to show public face perhaps, but then to support the King and his brother," former royal butler Paul Burrell said on GB News. "And I think this could be the step we need toward reconciliation between William and Harry."

"Though their father is ill, the two sons should come together to support the King, certainly in private behind closed doors," he noted.

Sean spoke to Fox Digital.

Advertisement

GET BREAKING ROYAL NEWS
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

More Stories

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 THE ROYAL OBSERVER™️. A DIVISION OF EMPIRE MEDIA GROUP INC. THE ROYAL OBSERVER is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.