Princess Beatrice announced she is expecting baby No. 1 with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi on Wednesday May 19 — the same day as Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's third wedding anniversary.
Of course, fans pointed out the timing of the two events on social media.
One person wrote, "I don’t think it’s [an] accident that Princess Beatrice announced her pregnancy on Prince Harry & Meghan’s third anniversary", while another added, "I have to wonder why did the palace decide to announce Beatrice’s baby news today. On the Prince and Princess Henry of wales anniversary, how petty. Congrats though Beatrice."
Daily Mail royal editor Richard Eden also commented on the news.
"Interesting coincidence that the #royal baby news was announced on Harry and #Meghan's wedding anniversary," he wrote on Twitter. "Beatrice's sister, Princess Eugenie, was said to have been surprised that Meghan chose to announce that she was pregnant to guests at her wedding in 2018."
However, one user claimed that Harry and Meghan's recent anniversary is not a huge deal.
"People crying about Princess Beatrice and Edo announcing their baby news today (on Harry and Meghan’s wedding anniversary)," they said. "Your point? Harry and Meghan literally announced their pregnancy to the family at Beatrice’s sisters wedding. ON THE WEDDING DAY. Congrats Bea."
Royal author Duncan Larcombe believes Beatrice and Mozzi were shading Meghan and Harry, who left the royal family in 2020.
“The fact it was Buckingham Palace that made the announcement proves this was not a simple oversight," he told Fabulous magazine. "A great deal of care is taken over the timings of major announcements such as Royal pregnancies, and it is extremely unlikely diary staff were unaware of the significance of the day for Harry and Meghan."
Earlier in the day, Buckingham Palace shared the exciting milestone. "Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are very pleased to announce that they are expecting a baby in autumn of this year. The Queen has been informed and both families are delighted with the news," the statement read.
Meanwhile, Harry and Meghan are laying low and planning to celebrate at home.
“The anniversary will be a quiet celebration of everything they have achieved together as a family. As far as they are concerned they took on one of the most powerful firms the world has ever known and won,” a source exclusively told The Royal Observer.