Camilla, Duchess Of Cornwall Reveals Husband Prince Charles Is Finding It A 'Bit Tiresome' To Have COVID-19 Again

charles camilla covdi
Source: MEGA

Feb. 11 2022, Published 11:03 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

On February 10, it was revealed that Prince Charles contracted COVID-19 for the second time. However, it seems like the royal is doing just fine, according to his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

Article continues below advertisement

While out and about, the blonde beauty told reporters she was "lucky" to have dodged the virus, adding that Charles is finding it a "bit tiresome" to have a second bout with the illness.

According to royal aides, Charles is not experiencing any severe symptoms, but Queen Elizabeth, who was with her eldest son earlier this week, is being monitored. At the moment, she does not have any symptoms.

Article continues below advertisement

"This morning The Prince of Wales has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating," a tweet said. "HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today's events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible."

Article continues below advertisement
charles camilla covdi
Source: MEGA

The night before Charles' positive test result, he was spotted at an event, mingling with others.

Article continues below advertisement

"Tonight The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall attended a reception to celebrate the work of @thebritishasiantrust, a charity founded by The Prince in 2007 to support disadvantaged communities in South Asia," a message began of the outing. "Held at the British Museum, tonight’s event celebrated the organisation’s accomplishments over the past year. During a speech, The Prince praised the work of @thebritishasiantrust during the COVID-19 pandemic, saying: 'It is fair, I think, to say that it has been when truly tested that the Trust has shown its most outstanding qualities of resilience and commitment to helping people across South Asia. When the pandemic first hit us, the Trust launched an Emergency Appeal to support migrant workers and those most in need across the region. I was delighted to be able to give my own support, together with so many in the diaspora, to help over 150,000 people.'"

Charles also caught COVID-19 in 2020, and he's been encouraging people to get vaccinated ever since he got his first jab.

“To all those who have not yet had the vaccine — or are hesitating before getting a booster — we can only urge you to look at the evidence in our intensive care wards and listen to those who work there," he shared. “We urge everyone to get vaccinated and to take up the booster, as we have done ourselves.”

Advertisement

GET BREAKING ROYAL NEWS
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

More Stories

© Copyright 2022 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.