Home / ROYAL REBELS / Meghan Markle

Prince Harry’s New Passion Project Throws Fresh Shade at Donald Trump

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are gearing up for their next Netflix project, which seemingly is a direct attack on Trump.

(L) Donald Trump and King Charles at Windsor Castle on September 17, 2025; (R) Prince Harry visits the Nippon Foundation Para Arena. Cover Image Source: Getty Images | (L) Samir Hussein/WireImage; (R) Tomohiro Ohsumi/Pool
(L) Donald Trump and King Charles at Windsor Castle on September 17, 2025; (R) Prince Harry visits the Nippon Foundation Para Arena. Cover Image Source: Getty Images | (L) Samir Hussein/WireImage; (R) Tomohiro Ohsumi/Pool

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are gearing up for their next Netflix project, and this time they plan to work behind the camera, turning executive producers for a movie on a real story from the Afghanistan War. Reportedly, the film will show the bravery and struggles of British soldiers who were trapped and attacked in Helmand Province in 2006. While the project is said to be close to Harry's heart owing to his past records in the army, at the current moment, it seems like a befitting reply to US President Donald Trump.

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex attend the sitting volleyball event during the Invictus Games. (Image Source: Getty Images | Karwai Tang)
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, attend the sitting volleyball event during the Invictus Games. (Image Source: Getty Images | Karwai Tang)

Trump, a little while back, made comments suggesting that NATO troops, including British soldiers, were not really fighting on the front lines in Afghanistan. He said they “stayed a little back.” Now, the prince and Markle have decided to push back against Trump by producing an adaptation of No Way Out: The Searing True Story of Men Under Siege, a bestselling memoir by British Army Major Adam Jowett. The story focuses on the struggles of a small British unit from 2006's relentless attack in Helmand Province.

"We’ve never needed them. We have never really asked anything of them. You know, they’ll say they sent some troops to Afghanistan, or this or that. And they did—they stayed a little back, a little off the front lines," opined Trump back in January during a conversation with Fox News at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Sharing insights about Harry and Markle's recent production undertaking, a source told Newsweek that the prince did not decide to take on the project to hit back at Trump, but it was simply a subject close to his heart.

US President Donald Trump (R) and King Charles III (C) review the Guard of Honour after arrival at Windsor Castle. (Image Source: Getty Images | Kirsty Wigglesworth)
US President Donald Trump (R) and King Charles III (C) review the Guard of Honour after arriving at Windsor Castle. (Image Source: Getty Images | Kirsty Wigglesworth)

"Maybe a bit of a stretch to say it was 'deliberate.'" The Duke obviously has a deep affinity and connection with all those NATO forces who served in Afghanistan, given his own operational experience in that particular theater," added the source. Harry previously clapped back at Trump when he argued, stating, "In 2001, NATO invoked Article 5 for the first—and only—time in history. It meant that every allied nation was obliged to stand with the United States in Afghanistan in pursuit of our shared security."

Trump opined that the NATO countries would never defend the United States if America were attacked, including in a possible conflict involving Iran. Several European leaders disagreed with him and pointed out that after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the U.S. was actually the only country in NATO history to trigger Article 5. Detailing the UK's contribution to the US during such challenging times, Harry added, "Allies answered that call. I served there. I made lifelong friends there. And I lost friends there. The United Kingdom alone had 457 service personnel killed."

Prince Harry makes early morning checks as he sits on an Apache helicopter.
Prince Harry makes early morning checks as he sits on an Apache helicopter. (Image Source: Getty Images | John Stillwell/WPA Pool)

He continued, "In Afghanistan, 457 died, many were badly injured, and they were among the greatest of all warriors. It’s a bond too strong to ever be broken. The U.K. military, with tremendous heart and soul, is second to none. We love you all and always will!" While Trump seems to have different opinions, Harry continues to stand strong on his perspective, and now he has taken a step to bring the soldiers' struggle to life on-screen.

GET BREAKING ROYAL NEWS
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

More Stories

Sarah Ferguson's alleged 'bad side' serves as a sobering reminder of how unchecked misbehavior can push even royalty into financial despair.
By Andrea Cutinho · 2 DAYS AGO
A PR expert says Harry belongs in humanitarian spaces, Meghan belongs in the lifestyle lane — and mixing the two is hurting them both.
By Abha Anindita · 2 DAYS AGO
With no royal role, no income, and her reputation bruised by the Epstein files, Sarah Ferguson may have little reason to stay quiet.
By Abha Anindita · 2 DAYS AGO
Meghan Markle's strong desire to return to her acting roots have reportedly taken a toll on Prince Harry.
By Andrea Cutinho · 3 DAYS AGO
Harry and Markle's highly acclaimed multiyear partnership allows them to produce more projects while giving Netflix access to their ideas.
By Andrea Cutinho · 3 DAYS AGO
According to Ingrid Seward, Fergie’s usual survival tactics have failed her, leaving her with almost no hope for a comeback.
By Sakshi Singh · 3 DAYS AGO
On her podcast, Megyn Kelly lambasted Meghan Markle, calling her thin-skinned when it comes to tolerating public criticism.
By Andrea Cutinho · 4 DAYS AGO
Sarah Ferguson's former psychic, Madame Vasso, wrote a bombshell book revealing details of her conversation with the former Duchess.
By Andrea Cutinho · 4 DAYS AGO
Fergie's downfall was the result of deep-seated personal insecurities due to the absence of her mother, says expert.
By Sakshi Singh · 5 DAYS AGO
Royal sources have alleged that King Charles longs for unity and is ready to bury the hatchet with the Sussexes.
By Andrea Cutinho · 6 DAYS AGO