Not too long ago, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle confirmed that they would be hopping over the pond to attend the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in June. However, it was announced they would not stand on the balcony, the Queen revealed. Now, according to a Star insider, it was Prince Charles and Prince William who put their foot down.
“They feel that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have caused nothing but chaos since moving to America with their endless tell-alls and interviews throwing shade at the royal family,” an insider told the outlet. “They think it would be hypocritical of Harry and Meghan acting all smiles and waving to the crowds from the balcony like they’re one big, happy family.”
Meanwhile, Omid Scobie, who wrote the book Finding Freedom, shared that the pair had “spoken with his grandmother about the possibility of not attending Trooping the Colour long before last week’s announcements," and the couple thought it was "inappropriate" to appear on the balcony, as they are no longer working royals.
On May 6, the monarch made the big announcement.
“After careful consideration, the Queen has decided this year’s traditional Trooping the Colour balcony appearance on Thursday, June 2 will be limited to Her Majesty and those members of the royal family who are currently undertaking official public duties on behalf of the Queen," a palace spokesperson said.
“In addition, the Cambridge and Wessex children are also expected to appear as is Sir Tim Laurence, who the Queen is happy to attend as a frequent attendee and support for the Princess Royal on official engagements," the statement continued.
Despite the feud, it seems like this could be a time for everyone to reconcile. "Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are excited and honoured to attend The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations this June with their children," a spokesperson for the duo said.