Meghan Markle Will Most Likely Never Return To The U.K. After Security Issue, Expert Claims: 'This Is A Very Good Excuse'

meghan harry not come back
Source: MEGA

Jan. 18 2022, Published 10:29 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Just a few days ago, it was revealed that Prince Harry is threatening the U.K. government, as he wants security when he returns home. Now, it's unclear if the 37-year-old will make a trip overseas — and if his wife, Meghan Markle, would tag along.

Article continues below advertisement

"I don't think Meghan will ever come back to this country, and I think this is a very good excuse for not coming back. I don't think realistically (Harry) expects to win this case," expert Phil Dampier told The Sun. "Getting his protection reinstated would set a precedent and so it gives them the perfect opportunity to say we can’t come to the Platinum Jubilee celebrations. Harry might come over, but it gives Meghan a good excuse not to come and also not to bring the children."

Article continues below advertisement

Dampier previously told The Royal Observer that he believes the former actress, 40, has no desire to see Harry's brood again.

"The popularity of Harry and Meghan has plummeted on this side of the pond, and there would be a genuine danger that they could be abused in the street if they met members of the public," he wrote.

The red-headed prince wants to return home, but he needs to keep his wife and kidsArchie, 2, and Lilibet, 7 months — safe.

Article continues below advertisement

"Prince Harry inherited a security risk at birth, for life," a statement began. "He remains sixth in line to the throne, served two tours of combat duty in Afghanistan, and in recent years his family has been subjected to well-documented neo-Nazi and extremist threats. While his role within the Institution has changed, his profile as a member of the Royal Family has not. Nor has the threat to him and his family."

Article continues below advertisement
Source: EX.CO

The statement continued, "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex personally fund a private security team for their family, yet that security cannot replicate the necessary police protection needed whilst in the U.K. In the absence of such protection, Prince Harry and his family are unable to return to his home. The Duke first offered to pay personally for U.K. police protection for himself and his family in January of 2020 at Sandringham. That offer was dismissed. He remains willing to cover the cost of security, as not to impose on the British taxpayer. As is widely known, others who have left public office and have an inherent threat risk receive police protection at no cost to them."

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2022 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.