When Prince Harry and Meghan Markle touch down in the U.K. this summer, Netflix producers are hoping the pair will film some content for their upcoming documentary.
“The Jubilee is the biggest gathering of U.K. royals in years and means that Harry and Meghan will be around everyone," a U.S. consultant for Netflix said. “Away from the public presentation of unity between the brands, the chiefs want exclusive footage and their dream is to have insights in that royal world never seen before."
“What goes on at Frogmore Cottage is effectively private interactions between family. Frogmore is a gray area in terms of whether it comes under full-time jurisdiction of the courtiers. If everyone agrees to filming scenes there, that would be exclusive, unique material never seen before," they continued. “The dynamics of that are still a tricky matter, especially with some courtiers pushing for the Duke and Duchess to not film at any royal residences.”
If the pair, who are based in California, do shoot some scenes, they would need approval from the current residents — Princess Eugenie and husband Jack Brooksbank.
As The Royal Observer previously reported, the concept will be an “at-home with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex-style” docuseries.
“The timing is still being discussed, things are up in the air,” one producer revealed.
It was recently announced that Harry, 37, and Meghan, 40, will be making the trek to England again for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
“After careful consideration, the Queen has decided this year’s traditional Trooping the Colour balcony appearance on Thursday, June 2 will be limited to Her Majesty and those members of the royal family who are currently undertaking official public duties on behalf of the Queen," a palace spokesperson said.
“In addition, the Cambridge and Wessex children are also expected to appear as is Sir Tim Laurence, who the Queen is happy to attend as a frequent attendee and support for the Princess Royal on official engagements," the statement continued.