No Emmy for Team Sussex: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Feel 'Wounded' After Hollywood Awards Gala Snub

prince harry
Source: MEGA

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are said to feel 'wounded' about their Emmys snub.

Jan. 17 2024, Published 3:37 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle failed to receive an Emmy nomination for Netflix's Harry & Meghan last July, and this is said to have left them feeling "wounded" enough to ditch the ceremony.

Article continues below advertisement
prince harry
Source: NETFLIX

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in a promotional image for Netflix's 'Harry & Meghan.'

"Meghan and Harry may feel slightly wounded by not receiving an Emmy nomination, despite their Harry & Meghan docuseries becoming a record for the biggest debut for a Netflix documentary, reaching more than 28 million households, but they were up against some tough competition for nominations," PR analyst Lynn Carratt dished.

The 75th Primetime Emmy Awards aired on Monday, January 15, and even though the ex-working royals were snubbed, some thought they may show up to support Netflix, which received numerous nominations.

"It's also not the first time the couple have missed out on an Emmy nomination. Their bombshell 2021 interview with Oprah Winfrey was nominated in the outstanding hosted nonfiction series or special category, but not Harry and Meghan personally, but Oprah herself and the program's producers," Carratt added.

She continued: "Meghan herself is no stranger to missing out on Emmy nominations; she spent seven seasons in the TV show Suits, which never received any prestigious Emmy or Global Globe award nominations. She was submitted for nomination in 2018 for outstanding supporting actress in a drama series for her last season, starring as Rachel Zane in Suits, but she never made the cut."

Article continues below advertisement
prince harry
Source: MEGA

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to work on Netflix projects throughout 2024.

The PR expert also shared how such industry awards are likely to mean nothing to Harry, but are "everything" to his wife after spending years trying to become an A-list actress. Carratt also feels that the pair will likely focus more toward producer credits this year thanks to their announced Netflix romance film, Meet Me at the Lake.

As The Royal Observer previously reported, the year ahead may not be quite that easy for the Montecito royals when it comes to career endeavors.

"As we look into the next 12 months and how 2024 could shape up for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, the couple are fraught with many crucial decisions with no way out if they choose to focus in a particular direction, and they have another failure on their hands," entertainment expert Mark Boardman dished.

Article continues below advertisement
prince harry
Source: MEGA

A beaming Prince Harry and Meghan Markle during the 2023 Invictus Games.

The royal commentator further added how "recent months have been stressful, primarily due to bad press from TV, award shows, and crucially, the public and the world's media." Despite what appears to be a challenging outlook, the journalist is predicting that the year could essentially go either way for the Montecito royals, "with the power couple making a comeback or another year of mediocre outcomes."

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex still have another 1.5 years left on their Netflix contract.

Article continues below advertisement
prince harry
Source: MEGA

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have yet to win an award for their projects.

Source: TRO

The Daily Mirror interviewed Curratt.

Advertisement

GET BREAKING ROYAL NEWS
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

More Stories

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 Empire Media Group, Inc. The Royal Observer is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.