Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's new Netflix trailer was released on Thursday, December 1 — the same time that Kate Middleton and Prince William are currently on their U.S. tour.
“Surprise, surprise, how very boring of Harry and Meghan. But this sort of thing is inevitable. It does sound a bit pretentious what they have produced," Hugo Vickers told the outlet.
Another insider added, "If the Sussexes are worried they’ll look diminished and less credible in comparison to the Prince and Princess of Wales’ first overseas tour in this new era, they’ve overplayed their hand with a string of PR announcements designed to clash with Waleses’ visit this week.”
As The Royal Observer previously reported, Meghan and Harry's new series will take viewers inside their life after leaving the royal family.
The new reality show will "explore the clandestine days of their early courtship and the challenges that led to them feeling forced to step back from their full-time roles in the institution."
"With commentary from friends and family, most of whom have never spoken publicly before about what they witnessed, and historians who discuss the state of the British Commonwealth today and the royal family's relationship with the press, the series does more than illuminate one couple's love story, it paints a picture of our world and how we treat each other," she added.
In the clip, Harry, 38, was asked why he wanted to star in the series in the first place.
"No one sees what's happening behind closed doors," Harry says. "I had to do everything I could to protect my family."
Meghan adds, "When the stakes are this high, doesn't it make more sense to hear our story from us?"
For more on the royal family, tune into the critically acclaimed podcast, "The Firm: Blood Lies and Royal Succession." Listen below.