King Charles and Prince William Trashed by Meghan's Pal, Author Surprised Royals Did Not Reach Out to Harry After Car Chase

split charles
Source: mega

May 18 2023, Published 2:48 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

After Meghan Markle accepted an award in NYC on Tuesday, May 16, she became very upset after being hunted by paparazzi. Although the photo agency behind the chase had no intention of upsetting Meghan, Prince Harry and Doria Ragland, whatever happened during the pursuit traumatized the trio.

Now, Sussex royal author Omid Scobie trashed King Charles III and Prince William specifically, as it is revealed the brood hasn't contacted the California royals after the incident. Scobie's attack also dredges up old, painful memories about the accident that led to Princess Diana's death in 1997.

Article continues below advertisement
split charles
Source: mega

As previously reported by The Royal Observer, Scobie made an update on his Twitter account that read: "Spokespersons for both King Charles and Queen Camilla, and Prince William and Princess Kate have declined to comment," before adding, "I understand that no member of the Royal Family has reached out to the Sussexes since today's news broke four hours ago."

Although the high-speed pursuit was erratic, the NYPD released a statement on Wednesday largely debunking some of the more dramatic embellishments the Sussex team issued describing the car chase. The police department's press release said, "There were numerous photographers that made their transport challenging. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrived at their destination and there were no reported collisions, summonses, injuries, or arrests in regard."

The royal scribe told BBC Newsnight the response from the royal family had been "disappointing," and then compared the paparazzi pursuit of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to the violent, relentless hunt photographers took part in while Diana's car was driven through the streets of Paris over 25 years ago.

Article continues below advertisement
split charles
Source: mega

The author of Finding Freedom then shared, "So I was really surprised to hear… that not one member of the royal family, including King Charles and Prince William – who obviously [were] heavily affected by Princess Diana’s death – has reached out to Prince Harry, hours after the news had broken."

Cab operator Sukhcharn Singh drove the trio during the encounter and shared that although the photographers trailed the car, he "wouldn't call it a pursuit."

Article continues below advertisement
split charles
Source: mega

The Independent reported on Scobie's comments.

Advertisement

GET BREAKING ROYAL NEWS
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

More Stories

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 THE ROYAL OBSERVER™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. THE ROYAL OBSERVER is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.