King Charles III, Kate, Princess of Wales, Queen Camilla, Prince William and others are set to meet at Buckingham Palace tonight for a Christmas gathering. But the yuletide festive season is likely to be the least of their conversations as the controversy surrounding His Majesty and Kate's naming as "two royal racists" in the Dutch edition of Endgame continues.
Omid Scobie's book caused a sensation last week when copies in The Netherlands contained a "translation error" that cited the King and future queen. Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's 2021 interview with Oprah Winfrey only alluded to one senior royal who made the comments about Archie. In the wake of this, and unlike with previous scandals, the monarchy is said to be "considering all options" in a legal sense to fight back against the claims.
"There has been no rush to make a decision, and there certainly will not be a knee-jerk reaction," a palace insider dished when discussing a potential royal response.
As The Royal Observer previously reported, in the wake of the copy error revelation last week, both the monarch and his daughter-in-law continued their duties as normal. Kate attended the Royal Variety Performance with Prince William on November 30 and ignored questions from reporters. Charles III did the same in Dubai, where he was on hand to attend the COP28 climate change summit.
The book was removed from circulation in Holland to correct the error, which sent its author on the defensive during his press appearances to promote it.
"I wrote and edited the English version of the book with one publisher, which then gets licensed to other publishers. I obviously can't speak Italian, German, French, Dutch, or any of the other languages that it's come out. I'm as frustrated as everyone else," Scobie told an outlet when asked about the alleged mistake.
He continued: "I had never submitted a book that had their names in it. I can only talk about my version. I'm frustrated, but I wouldn't say I'm upset about it."
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are also remaining silent when it comes to the swirling controversy, which is only made worse by Meghan's past falsehood that she did not collaborate with Scobie on 2020's Finding Freedom.
"For the couple that talked about 'death by a thousand no comments', the silence at this point is deafening," another friend of the royal family spilled when discussing Harry and Meghan's role in this.
Neither the King or Princess of Wales nor any member of the monarchy has publicly commented on the claims, and is not expected to.
The Sun reported on the insider revelations.