Home / Latest News

Prince Andrew Amasses $11M 'War Chest' To Launch Legal Case Against Sexual Assault Accuser Virginia Giuffre

Despite his efforts, U.S. lawyers have reportedly told Andrew to "forget it" and be "grateful he's not in jail" over the scandal.

prince andrew m war chest launch legal case assault accuser virginia giuffrejpg
Source: mega

Prince Andrew has reportedly amassed a nearly $11 million “war chest” to launch a legal case against sexual assault accuser Virginia Giuffre, The Royal Observer has learned.

In a surprising development to come one year after the disgraced 62-year-old prince settled with Giuffre for an estimated $16 million, Andrew is now reportedly preparing to challenge his 39-year-old accuser in court for allegedly lying about the sexual abuse accusations against him.

prince andrew m war chest launch legal case assault accuser virginia giuffre jpg

Even more surprising are reports that United States lawyers are telling Andrew to “forget” the matter and just be “grateful he’s not in jail” over the scandal.

That is the revelation made by the Sun over the weekend, which cited royal sources who indicated the Duke of York plans to challenge Giuffre in court over last year’s multi-million-dollar settlement.

 
 

“Andrew has always insisted he is innocent and finally wants to prove it in a US court,” one royal source told the outlet on Sunday. “He was pressured into settling the case to avoid overshadowing the Platinum Jubilee and has paid a heavy price, personally and professionally.”

“The King is happy for him to pursue this,” the source spilled further regarding King Charles III’s support. “As Head of State, he can’t back him publicly, but Andrew is still his brother and he wants the best for him.”

prince andrew m war chest launch legal case assault accuser virginia giuffre jpg

The Sun also revealed Prince Andrew is currently “more financially secure” now than he was when he settled with Giuffre in February of last year.

Andrew reportedly amassed more than $10 million after selling his and ex-wife Sarah Ferguson’s Swiss ski chalet in December, and the Duke of York also recently received an inheritance of “several million” upon the death of his mother, the late Queen Elizabeth, in September.

prince andrew m war chest launch legal case assault accuser virginia giuffre jpg

The new reports that Andrew is preparing to challenge Giuffre in court also come shortly after the duke’s close friend, convicted child sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell, provided an interview in which she claimed the infamous picture of Andrew and a 17-year-old Giuffre from 2001 was fake.

“It’s a fake,” Maxwell said from her Florida jail cell over the weekend. “I don’t believe it’s real for a second, in fact I’m sure it’s not.”

prince andrew m war chest launch legal case assault accuser virginia giuffre jpg

“There is no original, just copies of copies and parts of it, according to some experts, look like it has been photoshopped,” Maxwell added. “I don’t remember her in my home.”

As The Royal Observer previously reported, Maxwell was sentenced to 20 years in federal prison in June after being convicted for conspiring to help Jeffrey Epstein traffic and sexually abuse minors between 1994 and 2004.

Giuffre has always claimed Epstein introduced her to Prince Andrew in London in 2001 when she was only 17, but her recent withdrawal of similar sex abuse allegations against U.S. attorney Alan Dershowitz because she “may have made a mistake” has reportedly given Andrew “fresh hope” he could win a new case against Giuffre.

GET BREAKING ROYAL NEWS
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

More Stories

While Andrew has recently been in the news for all the wrong reasons, his encounter with an alleged stalker has left everyone scared.
By Medha Sengupta · AUG 7, 2026
Kate Middleton's latest Wimbledon outfit wasn't all-new—and that's exactly what caught fashion fans' attention!
By Mehak Walia · JUL 13, 2026
Getting invited to the Swift-Kelce wedding became a race, a status symbol, as numerous high-profile individuals lobbied to get an inside pass.
By Mary Anthony · JUL 6, 2026
Prince William joked about Travis Kelce’s most memorable moment being outside his football career.
By Mary Anthony · JUL 3, 2026
Princess Anne stepped out in this iconic dress from 1984 and royal fans are impressed!
By Hrishita Das · JUN 27, 2026
Kate Middleton and Melinda Gates reportedly came together at Windsor Castle over a shared passion for a cause they both support.
By Ira Deokule · JUN 25, 2026
Prince William and Robert Irwin's appearance at a climate event was meant to inspire change, but fans quickly focused on something else.
By Mary Anthony · JUN 24, 2026
Royal watchers may have spotted a subtle shift in the monarchy during Trooping the Colour 2026, and it's closely aligned with Prince William's long-term plans for the institution.
By Mary Anthony · JUN 13, 2026
As King Charles celebrates Trooping the Colour, actress Helen Mirren has been awarded one of Britain's rarest honors.
By Hrishita Das · JUN 13, 2026
Meghan Markle treats fans to a new family photo carousel featuring Prince Harry, Prince Lilibet, and a sweet nod to pop icon Beyoncé.
By Ira Deokule · JUN 10, 2026